The Alcohol and Other Drugs project is working towards improving the screening and support that is given to people affected by drugs or alcohol when they use a healthcare service in Murrumbidgee.
At the centre of the project is a Steering Committee involving people from a range of services within Murrumbidgee Local Health District.
The work of the Steering Committee aims to make sure that people who access a health service are:
- asked about their drug or alcohol use in a respectful and non-judgmental manner,
- offered advice and information about drug and alcohol use and supports available if needed,
- assisted to access a Drug and Alcohol service for further support if desired,
- and provided assistance with any physical or psychological affects the person may experience due to withdrawal from their usual drug or alcohol use during a stay in hospital.
The Steering Committee will be running from February - December 2022.
Be part of the Alcohol & Other Drugs Steering Committee
We are looking for two people to be part of our Alcohol & Other Drugs Steering Committee as lived experience or carer representatives. To take part, representatives should:
- Live in Murrumbidgee
- Be aged over 18
- Have visited an Emergency Department (for any health reason) or been admitted to hospital for a medical issue/procedure, within Murrumbidgee Local Health District
- Have a lived experience of using alcohol and/or other drugs
- or, have experience of supporting a loved one who uses alcohol and/or other drugs.
The lived experience and carer representatives will attend meetings of the Steering Committee via video or teleconference link. Support will be provided to use the technology and take part in meetings as required.
Meetings of the committee will begin in February 2022 and continue until December 2022. Meetings will be held for up to two hours every two months, during usual business hours.
Representatives will receive payment for their time attending meetings, in line with the MLHD Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Consumer and Carer Participation Remuneration Guidelines.
Those interested in taking part will be provided with a full Terms of Reference for the committee and will be asked to sign a participation agreement.
Other support will be provided by the project team to assist representatives in their role as needed.
Express your interest
If you are interested in being part of the Alcohol & Other Drugs Steering Committee, please register your interest via the form below, or email us on email@example.com
We will then be in touch with you to discuss your interest.
Your privacy is important to us. Your answers to the questions below will not be seen by anyone other than the administrators of this site, and two members of the Steering Committee who will be reviewing Expressions of Interest.
The information you give us is only used for the purposes of your interest in this project, and will not be linked in any way to your healthcare record.
If you prefer to talk to us about your interest, please email us on the address listed above and we will arrange a time to chat.